CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Update on Baby Youngman

Well, I guess I will start by saying that because of my thyroid problem and my blood pressure is running high I went to see a perinatologist (a high risk OB) today. They did a detailed sonogram to make sure everything was going good with the baby!

It was very interesting in that they looked at everything they showed us and measured the arm and leg bones, the head, heart, blatter, cord, even different parts of the brain and everything looks and measures good!! So we have a healthy baby that weighs about 7 oz. and has a heart rate of 157 which is all very good. They tried to see if it was a boy or a girl but the baby has its legs crossed and it was hard to tell. They decided that they are 85% sure it is a boy. I will go back to them in 4 weeks to be sure everything is still good and I hope we will have a better idea of the sex.

Over all we very glad to know that everything is healthy, that was my biggest concern, when they told me I was high risk, they make it sound like thats no big deal that I just need to see this doctor on top of my regular doctor, so lots of appointments but so far they are just being careful and everything is normal. I will try to post a sono picture soon.

3 comments:

Gaye Youngman said...

Grammy and Grampa are so glad to hear everything is okay with our baby! Of course, we already knew Baby Youngman would be perfect!

The Harris Family said...

What great news Matt and Jess! Thanks for keeping us updated. :) Glad that you are doing well.

mgntrower said...

Keep us posted! I'm so anxious to find out if it will "officially" be a boy or girl? :-) So glad to hear that everything is looking good and healthy and that you are feeling that way as well!